Welcome To My Blog

Friday 24 November 2017

Weekly Reflection 2

Teaching Practice Weekly Report

Week 2 (20/11/2017 - 24/11/2017)

This was the second week of our teaching practice. As I hoped things went well in this week. In this week I got 6 periods in my class. I was able to complete the section "Construction of Parallelograms" and have started the next section "Construction of Trapeziums' of the chapter "Construction of Quadrilaterals" which has given me to teach. One more section is there in the chapter to get finished. I used paper cutouts of parallelograms and trapeziums, charts depicting the steps of construction and activity cards as teaching aids.
                    On Tuesday, 21st of November we had no teaching practice as we had to be a part of
'H G Job Mar Philexinos Memorial Inter Collegiate Choir Competition, KENORO 2017' hosted by our Mount Tabor Training College. On Wednesday, 22nd of November I got two periods(4th and 7th periods) in my class.
                    On Thursday, 23rd of November there was a school assembly especially for applausing and well-wishing the students who have been selected to participate in the State Level Science Fair. On that occasion Keziyah Mariyam John of class 7 delivered a short speech on the importance of education. As a part of the peer review I observed the class of Nimmy.C.James of Mathematics option. She had a good interaction with students and managed her class well right from the beginning till the end. She dealt with the topic "Construction of Parallelograms" in class 7 D. She used activity cards as teaching aid.
                    On Friday, 24th of November in addition to my assigned period (2nd period) I got an extra period (7th period) in my class so that I was able to complete my 9th and 10th lesson plans on that day. During the 4th period I got a substitution class in 6 E. They were a group of energetic students. It was really a bit of fruitful moments to interact with the little ones. During the 5th period, I observed the class of Bincy John of Mathematics option. She took her class through power point presentation. The topic dealt was "Addition and Subtraction of Polynomials". Another exciting moment of the day was the unexpected opportunity reached us to serve the midday meal for the students. With great pleasure most of the BEd trainees served the food. In the role of a teacher, it was a wonderful experience for me.
                                     


                     Experienced good moments...😊😊 Hoping for another colourful week with varied experiences...😇😇😇

1 comment: