Welcome To My Blog

Friday 1 December 2017

Weekly Reflection 3

TEACHING PRACTICE WEEKLY REPORT

WEEK 3 (27/11/2017 - 01/12/2017)

                       In the third week of the teaching practice there were only four working days and also there were no classes in the afternoon session on Thursday. Friday, 1st of December was a public holiday as declared by the government.
                        As the sub-district level youth festival was going on and the teachers had to accompany those students participating in different items we,the B.Ed trainees got many classes to engage. In this week I got about 9 periods in my own class alone😶 and so I was able to finish the chapter I started with and stepped on to the next chapter, RATIO. I tried my maximum not to make my students felt my classes boring and so I used various teaching aids and often switched my teaching styles. I have finished 18 lesson plans in all by this week.
                        On Monday, 27th of the November Dr. Tharamma George,our Mathematics option teacher observed my class during the 2nd period. I felt happy that she said good words about my teaching and gave valuable suggestions for further improvements. On the same day I got a substitution class in 7 G during the last period.
                        In this week we went to observe the classes of our peers as a part of Peer Review and I observed the classes of the teacher trainees Sanju Sara John of English option (on Monday 7th period), Soniya Thankachan (on Tuesday 7th period ) Resmi Rajan (on Tuesday 4th period), Litty Mathew (on Thursday 1st period) and Ashly Baby (on Thursday 2nd period). The last four belong to Mathematics option. Many of my peers had observed my classes as well and gave me good comments on my teaching.
                        On Wednesday, 29th of November I conducted a diagnostic test based on the topic "TRAPEZIUMS".
                        In this week there were not much general activities taken place in the school. The students of the school participated in the sub-district level youth festival held at Punalur and achieved many first A grades. Some of the students of my class were also the part of the Margamkali team and they secured second B grade in the item.👍👍
                        Moving on to the fourth week, the last week left for the B.Ed trainees before leaving the school due to the commencement of Christmas exam and vacation thereafter. Waiting for yet another week of handful experiences...😊😊😊

No comments:

Post a Comment