Welcome To My Blog

Saturday 6 January 2018

Weekly Reflection 5

TEACHING PRACTICE WEEKLY REPORT 

WEEK 5 (01/01/2018 - 06/01/2018)

                     New year...New hopes...New week... Yes! Here begins the remaining section of our teaching practice, after the Christmas vacation. All the students seemed energetic this week, which is surely the reflection of the new year.
                     Students got the scores of their exams. On the first two days of this week I could see a mixture of feelings in my class...Some were happy of the unexpected scores...Some were sad about their lost marks...Also there were some who had no expressions at all after receiving their answer papers. But all returned to the normal mood soon.
                    In this week there was a school assembly on Thursday. During the occasion students who participated in state level competitions were appreciated. There was also the drawing out of lucky tip carried out by on behalf of the Basketball Tournament conducted at St.Stephen's High School, Pathanapuram on the same occasion.
                   In this week there were 5 working days. Saturday was a working day for the school. I have completed 4 lesson plans this week which made my lesson plans to a total of 28. In this week too I took a class based on a model of teaching, namely the constructivist model. It really worked a lot. Through this model my students were able to construct knowledge on the area of parallelograms. In other lessons I used various teaching aids such as paper cutouts,activity cards, charts, video etc.
                  Knowingly or unknowingly there developed a strong bond between me and my students. I have understood the their levels. Now it is really painful to leave them. But the truth can't be changed. There is only one more week left for us to be in the school. We are stepping on to the last week of the teaching practice.
                 Hoping for a colourful week ahead.....

No comments:

Post a Comment